Lymphoedema Ireland is organising Ireland’s second national Lymphoedema Awareness Month which will take place during March 2015. The aim of the month is to:
- highlight the condition for those who may be at risk;
- reach-out to those who may be living with the condition and feeling isolated and alone;
- raise awareness among medical community;
- highlight the lack of proper standardised services and referral pathways, and the inequitable distribution of services and supports for the condition around the country.
- call on the HSE to put in place a plan to develop services in recognition of the growing incidence of the condition.
There are two major events scheduled with other opportunities to raise awareness throughout the month.
If you would like to get involved, please contact us at email@example.com
Awareness Month Poster
Lymphoedema Ireland has commissioned a special poster to highlight the Awareness Month which will be on display in clinics and hospitals around the country throughout March. The poster can be downloaded here for printing if you would like display it in your workplace or community centre etc.
Contact us if you would like copies.